Unlocking progress by mastering the art of strategic subtraction.
Educators, leaders and schools are overloaded. Yet, in our commitment to improvement, we seem stuck in an additive mode. In this practical and provocative session, we will surface the overlooked improvement strategy of subtraction for inducing positive change in our teams and organisations.
This compelling and practical presentation will explore how to:
- Unravel our misguided commitment to doing more
- Examine how projects, programs and commitments accumulate and compound over time
- Identify the ‘hidden’ demands of each additional thing we take on
- Surface the unexpected power of less but better
- Describe how we can use the pruning principle across a range of targets
- Why pruning will require leadership confidence, creativity and courage
- Unpack simple strategies and practical tools
All of Simon’s speaking topics are available as in-person or digital sessions, and can be tailored to fit your desired length.
The Pruning Principle
Contact us to discuss your event
Reach out to our events team to discuss your event and book a workshop that is specially made for your audience.