TUE, 8 NOV
WED, 9 NOV
FRI, 11 NOV
Leading Professional Growth Cultures
Every educational leader is navigating the long-tail effects of the global pandemic and working to find throughlines towards meaningful school improvement and professional growth.
In this live, in-person, 1-day masterclass, former Head Teacher and best-selling author Tom Sherrington (UK) is teaming up with Dr Simon Breakspear to bring fresh thinking, actionable frameworks and practical tools for enhancing professional learning in your school.
Simon and Tom will share what they’ve learned impactful professional learning leaders do differently to help everyone move forward in a meaningful and sustainable way. They will draw out lessons from the research base and their extensive experience of working in support of teachers’ practice improvement across the globe.
Come and join us! Watch a 1 min welcome from Simon
You will learn
In this masterclass, Tom and Simon will show you how to:
- Create cultures where everyone can keep getting better
- Harness the core research-based mechanisms for enabling sustainable teacher practice change, including individual and team coaching
- Use simple resources and tools to enhance teachers’ understanding of research-informed practices, including Tom’s Teaching Walkthrus and Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction
- Establish a coherent set of professional learning processes and routines
- Align professional learning with school-wide improvement goals
- Build psychological safety across your teams as a platform for learning
- Put these ideas into practice one manageable step at a time
Who should attend
Highly practical with time to do the thinking in the room, this masterclass is a must attend for:
- Principals, Deputy Principals and Assistant Principals
- Directors of Teaching and Learning and Leaders of Professional Learning
- Learning Specialists and Instructional Coaches
- Heads of Faculty and Team Leaders
- HALTS and teacher leaders
We highly recommend school leadership teams engage as a team.
We highly recommend leadership teams attend this session as a group. Engaging in team dialogue and action planning will help you walk away with clarity and momentum. So, we’ve applied an extra discount for groups of 4+.
Buy 4 or more tickets at the same time for $279 plus GST each.
Register your team via the links.
Large Group Bookings (20+)
Special discounts apply for group bookings for more than 20 tickets from a school network, cluster region or system.
Contact us to register as a large group at firstname.lastname@example.org
About our speakers
Founder of Teacherhead Consulting & Author
Tom Sherrington has been a teacher and school leader for over 30 years working in a wide range of school contexts around the UK and Asia. He spent 11 years as a Headteacher and is now an education consultant supporting schools and colleges with teacher development, school improvement, assessment and curriculum design.
Tom is a prolific blogger sharing ideas via his popular website teacherhead.com with a strong twitter following at @teacherhead. He is a regular speaker at education conferences for teachers and school leaders. Tom is also a trustee of the National Baccalaureate Trust.
He is the author of several books including The Learning Rainforest: Great teaching in real classroom, Rosenshine’s Principles in Action and the Walkthrus series.
Books by Tom
Dr Simon Breakspear
Founder of Breakspear Learning
Dr Simon Breakspear is a researcher, advisor and speaker on education policy, practice and change. Simon develops frameworks, tools and programs that make evidence-based ideas easy to understand and apply.
Over the last decade he has worked with over 100,000 educators across 10 countries. Simon is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at the University of New South Wales, and an advisor to the NSW Department of Education School Leadership Institute. He earned his PhD in Education from the University of Cambridge, where he was a Gates Scholar.
$349 plus GST per person
$279 plus GST per person when purchasing 4 or more tickets
TUESDAY, 8 NOV
Windsor State School
1/2 Harris Ln
Windsor, QLD 4030
FRI, 11 NOV
Aerial UTS Function Centre
Building 10, Level 7
235 Jones St
Ultimo NSW 2007
MELBOURNE - SOLD OUT!
WED, 9 NOV
Zinc at Fed Square
Cnr Princes Walk & Russell St Ext
Melbourne, VIC 3000