Building the capabilities needed to lead high-impact change in your school.
Do you want to break through the inertia and create meaningful progress?
Do you want to be better equipped to lead change and manage the complexity of your role?
Educational leaders are expected to improve outcomes under conditions of increasing change and uncertainty. At the same time, they often face substantial resistance from staff and systems that are slow to adapt to new approaches.
Agile leadership is a dynamic approach to leading change that will enable leaders to create impact despite the increased complexity and ambiguity that they face in their roles. This two-day masterclass provides a clear framework to enable any leader to take action. Leaders will gain a clear understanding of the key mindset, skills and tools that can help them to accelerate their current improvement work and manage complex change. Leaders will determine key focus areas for action, design an agile plan and be equipped to take 50 days of rapid action back in their own unique contexts.
Leaders will learn how to:
- Understand the drivers of the growing complexity faced by school leaders
- Analyse why default approaches to leading educational change so often fail to improve learning
- Examine the underlying causes of resistance which slow down and derail change
- Focus on a small number of high-impact, evidence-informed improvement approaches
- Explore and build confidence in applying cycle of agile improvement
- Incubate changes to gain rapid feedback in the early phases of implementation
- Gather and use evidence to guide all phases of improvement work
- Develop strategies to be able to flourish as a leader in times of change and situations of high uncertainty.
- Develop a clear plan to lead effective change in their organisation
Leaders will leave this intensive masterclass equipped and inspired to navigate the creative tensions, challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.